Monday, April 30, 2012

The Lucky One Movie Review (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Wha....? This new format of the blog is confusing me....Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a WHILE. There were some things that I felt like expressing out but I never really got the right words to actually express it. 

Jeez, this new format is throwing me off so much...

Anyway, onto the blog. I was inspired to do this after watching a video of a review for the Dawn Treader movie (btw, AWESOME MOVIE!). So I'm kind of late in reviewing for that, plus The Woman in Black which I so badly want to review about it. Maybe I'll do those next. But now, it's all about this...

 The Lucky One!!!

Just saw it last weekend with my friends even though it only came out on the twentith. I'm the kind of girl that doesn't bother to fight through a crowd just to see a movie. So, I'm just gonna get on with it I guess. 

Honestly, I have never read the book that this movie is based off of by Nicholas Sparks, so my opinion may not be best if you think that the book is better or you're looking for a book to movie-comparion. 

So, it's pretty obvious that for those HSM fanatics that from the release of the third movie to this one, Zac Efron TOTALLY matured to a great extent. I found it kinda interesting to see him in a new setting, as a sergeant and I thought that was pretty cool. 


I mean seriously, check that out. :). 

(P.S. if you're also looking for a detailed, legit review, then you've come to the wrong place. Given that I've seen the movie once on Saturday and have a slight case of short-term memory loss, it's not what I'm going for. I'll give a semi-detailed semi-legit review). 

Anyway, I really think that the beginning was played out really well, like after Logan got back from the war base and went into a state of...paranoia, I would think, especially after he almost kind of attacked his nephew. It's natural for returning soldiers to feel like that and I love the sincerity in the scene. 

I really like the actors they casted for every part. The little son is so cute and, call me crazy or out of my mind or something, but the guy who played Keith seriously reminded me of a younger version of Dan Scott or something. Not just the personality, but the face, I think. It literally blew my mind when I wiki'd his actor once I got home to find out he played PONYBOY in the TV show of The Outsiders. 

 (One on the far right) 

Yeah! Mind-blowing! 

Anyway, the whole storyline was amazing and well thought out (My friend yelled at me because I couldn't cry during the sad scenes. She tells me I'm a ginger.) Yes, I am, for your information, minus the red hair. I have never been able to cry at a sad movie once. I really like that scene when Beth makes a scene and destroys like pots and pans and then Logan comforts her, not because Beth freaks out, but I like that Logan is able to comfort her and I could see that Beth was slowly beginning to trust him. 

The death scene threw me off on a complete loop too. I mean, I seriously hadn't expected anything like that, with not reading the book. A part of me was hoping that Logan would actually run faster so he'd be the one to save Ben, but that'll involve Logan possibly dying and no girl would want that. Still, it would be sweet and at least he did bring him to shore. 

So, I realized I went on so many different tangents while trying to process a good review. Obviously, I'm new at these kinds of things. Okay, well, I guess all I have left to say is, if you haven't seen it yet and you want to, you will cry (unless you're like me). If you haven't seen it yet but you don't want to, then...I can't force you to. So...yeah. 

Oh yeah, and I think I should comment on this really frisky scene between Logan and Beth. Another source of proof that Zac has gone from teeny-bop basketball star to full-grown...man. And seriously, PG-13? PG-13, my a**. Trust me, I've seen PG-13 movies and they DO NOT get that...frisky. Okay, think that's it.
love and peace
Vivi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment